Friday, December 23, 2005

Darkest day



Merry Christmas! (rejected draft version of a commissioned card)
Suggestions for changes included more positive colors for the card, no guns, no blowing out anyone's brains.

Fair enough.








So tomorrow is christmas eve! Somehow it's been the last thing I had time to think about in the middle of arranging a flat, trying to bounce around between seeing Jonna and old friends and getting a job, arranging myself back into school... what about taking it easy for a few days and just sleeping? Where the hell did that option go?

It's my fault of course. Who the hell decides to move back and try to take care of everything during the last week before christmas? Mistake.

So it looks like Andrea, Karina, Avigael and Teemu are all coming to visit Finland during January! Such good news. We can eat snow from roadside, suck icicles and also get to know other Finnish traditions.

Photos:















So, 21. Dec. was the darkest day of the year. It's getting better each day from now on. Strangely enough, the darkest day was the brightest one in a long time, since the sky was clear blue with bright sunshine all day.










I took a couple of lenses with me and went to lake to spend the last hour of sunset shooting. So nice.




big ass panoramic shot of Cattails (2mb)

















Posting all these photos makes me think a lot more about composition. Taking a picture and then editing it to this widescreen format makes me go through the thinking process twice. So useful and never before I had a good reason to think about it: photos have only been a means to gather reference, ideas, textures for my paintings and drawings. I'm sure this is yet another way to develop my sense for creating pictures, another part of my brain in urgent need of training.



See you later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moi! Tulin tutkimaan blogiasi - mitä ilmeisimmin nopeammin kuin aavistit. Ja tämähän on aivan loistavaa! Hyvät jatkot, tapaamme mitä ilmeisimmin vielä.

Uusia vuosia!

26/12/05 01:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home