Thursday, November 17, 2005

5th week, drawings / nonsense

Hei


I'm sitting in the horribly cold basement/computer room of our dormitory. No school today, everything here is closed because of the anniversary of the Velvet Revolution, 17.11.1989.

So you can forget my promises of monday updates. Its more like monday evening photo editing, then update sometime during the week once the pictures are up for everyone to see. Jussi Kemppainen has been my lifeline in Finland, getting the pictures up to my website each time, on time. Almost. So bear with us.

Maybe you were wondering what I look like. I thought it's finally time to put up a picture of myself.



Dorm


In the bar with Joshua

Yes! I always wear the hat!



And then let's start with the actual work >


Sketch, wanted to take photo before I ruin it.


Ruined.


Devil guy


Quick head studies in the end of the class.


Graphite + patience


Started by blacking out the paper during the break, then erasing with sponge, and adding some light with pastel. Our paper is not white so erasing is not always sufficient for final highlights.



Radim holding the drawing to be photographed.


There's a GIF sequence of old woman-portrait I made last week. Teemu was king enough to take a picture every few minutes. The total work was about 20 minutes.

size: 1 megabyte.

And here's the result once more >




-------------

Last friday we went to the Zoo in Praha, our intention was to go sketch some animals, take some video footage for animating walk cycles and in general to spend a nice chilly friday afternoon outside. It turned out that the Zoo was too big to see through in 4 hours and we were so happy to see all those animals that no one sketched anything during that day. I was too busy to even take pictures, these are the only ones I got >



Here's Pablo, Teemu, German and Avigael


Giraffes!


What more can I say? It's giraffes!


I was walking to school the other morning, and I swear everything was so pink! Standing at the Metronome looking at empty, pink Praha. Seven-something o'clock in the morning.



Here's the Metronome ticking away in the nice afternoon light. People come to sit down and skateboard/rollerblade here.


Tik!


Tak!



Other views from Praha include standing at the worlds biggest horse statue:


After sunset panorama. Statue not included.

And another view from Letna park-Metronome statue:


Sorry but each time I go there, its panorama time.


Dormitory pictures!


Foggy dormitory building


Foggy scary tree outside my window


Scary nighttable beside the bed



That's it!
I hope the washing machine finished by now.

See you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT!? GÉRMAN IS THERE?! Didn't know :D hehe if you're (mr. Borat) reading this make sure to be there in the end of january. definitely wanna hook up when I get my lazy ass back over there!

17/11/05 22:03  
Blogger Teemu Erämaa said...

Hey guy! I put some pix of the zooToo - check it in my blog.

As we talked already about the pics, I don't comment but just that I found out that patience suits those pieces well also.

Hop!

18/11/05 18:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pekka! Miten menee? Ilmeisen hyvin. Haluaisin nähdä sut, kun tulet Suomeen, joulukuussako se oli? Pohdiskelen, lähdenkö USA:an ensi kesäksi vaiko reilaamaan. Raha-asiat on mitä on, mutta sekin on vain pienoinen hidaste...

Juups, voi hyvin!

20/11/05 20:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oF COURRsCE i AM ere. mA wIFE iSSS deaD!

21/11/05 20:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home